where I ramble on about what's happening in my little world
and hopefully you have some enjoyment reading about it!



another project to add to the to-do list!....


just a quick post... I found this whilst out shopping this morning and just HAD to have it !! and it was a bargain too, so home it came :o) as soon as I saw it I thought it was just the right size to turn it into a 2 floored steampunk style clockwork 'dolls'-house/room box 'thing'!
I have a vision for it... (wether it turns out anywhere near the image in my head is another matter LOL) I think I shall put a lift in one corner with cogs and chains etc and on the upper floor will be an observatory, with a pull down/fold up bed contraption. I've been wanting to do something steampunk for a while and now I have the perfect vessel for me to play with :o) I had a chat about this with a few friends and Joolz of Jakdaws attic is going to make me a steampunked mousientist with mad hair, boggly eyes & goggles on, to live in it (when he's not running around the Skool of Majick blowing things up!! )
:o) Happy days ....

I'd love to make a start on the new project but the neverending 'to-do' list insisted I finished some overdue tasks first... so I did a little bit of decorating on the sewing (shop?) roombox instead (little being about right! LOL) painted the ceiling, fitted & painted flooring, bashed the beams about a bit and stained it.

not much to show workwise & not very exciting really, I need to buy some filler stuff to put between the beams on the outside as 'plaster' & I need to spray seal the wallpaper that I printed off for it, but I need to do the spraying outside and today it rained! :o( ... so those are jobs for tomorrow & hopefully I'll show you a finished roombox next time?

back to the to-do list... I did tick some tasks off but now seem to have added more than I removed... c'est la vie!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

I love the box thing, I would have bought that too.

Victoria ♥

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

WOW Id have snapped that up to Wendie! I have a little glass house im eventually going to do a mini project in too......but it will be a while as always with me lol! I didnt konw you had so many projects to do too, that one will be fab, love the frontage, keep it up, Im trying to too!! Kate xxxx

Wendie-kins said...

I knew I wouldnt be alone in thinking it was a cool thing to buy.

Kate, I 'only' have 5 projects on the go LOL the sewing room box, the huoooge Skool of Majick, the Santa's Toyshoppe, the pumpkin house and now the steampunk glass thingy...I'll have it all done by Thursday ROFLMAO ... well, at least some unspecific Thursday in about 10 years time!!
(actually 6 projects, if you count the real life 1:1 one, but I dont count that)
Good luck with yours Kate, kids & half terms have a habit of slowing mini things down eh?!

Michelle said...

The glass cabinet thingy is great and reminds of the glass lift in 'The Great Glass Elevator' based on the first film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory of course! lol I love your ideas for it..another project for the back burner!

I only have 3 projects on the go...well my poor Sid Cooke Highgate hasn't had a look in for some years! lol I have kits not even unpacked, I didn't count those! So all in all you are NOT alone! Let's not start on real life stuff! lol

Michelle xx

Anonymous said...

I just saw your blog sheet and LOOOOVE it!
My daughter is also a Halloween LOVER! Anything to do with it is her!!!
I like the fact that you'll make a 2 story out of the glasshouse you just got. Can't wait to see the pics.
Mini Hugs,
Maria Paolone

Margriet said...

hahahaha, we really are the same ;-) I'm glad to read I'm not the only one working on more then one (or 2, or..) projects at the same time!!! And a steampunk room...yessssss, I want one too!!!!!!!!!! I can hardly wait until you start with your glass tower :-)