where I ramble on about what's happening in my little world
and hopefully you have some enjoyment reading about it!



Fibromyalgia & the end of the 'f' word?

oh I'm such a bad blogger!! & I've neglected my blog.... again :o(

Firstly , a big welcome to my new followers
Lola - Princess Lola's Miniature Diary - who I think must be bloglands youngest ever blogger!

The OldMaid - The Sunny hours 1:12 Miniatures she is making Severus Snapes office and its great watching her progress :o)

Heather Leigh- of Silver spoon Studios who creates art dolls from polymer clay. She's fairly new to blogging but can be found on facebook if you want to see her work as she doesnt have many pics on her blog.

& miniaturemaid - who I cant find a blog for :o(

I've had a 'funny' last few weeks, not funny haha, just funny peculiar. Funny as in, I've not really recognised myself much. As some of you already know, Ive been a poorly bunny for far too long! & have been sooooooooooooooo tired just lately but this tiredness hasnt stopped me in my tracks like I've been used to, more just distracted me lots. I've been busier than usual & have been expecting the usual fibro-achey bomb to blow but it hasnt :o) I think the recent spell of hot weather has just drained me a bit, mixed with my nomadic sons return home stopping me playing minis for a while so I have been busy in my garden instead and managed to play a bit of golf again (without crippling myself), had a trip to the theatre and even found time to keep my house tidy for more than a day or so too !! :o) all this extra activity has made me tired, just naturally tired for any unfit person.
The point of this rambling???.... there IS a light at the end of the tunnel and more than a glimmer of hope for those suffering with Fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue! I just wish I knew exactly what the actual cure WAS, as it'd make me a fortune!! but after years and years and years of suffering the horrid circle of activity = pain & sleep disturbance, I think I am finally seeing the end of the frustrations of pacing myself with what I can & cant do. This recent progress has taken me away from blogland, and back to the 'real' world, but thats a good thing, for me, having spent the best part of the last 7 years only dreaming about my life, its been good to 'get out' again and start living once more.
Now if I could 'live' in my workroom a little bit then I will be totally happy :o) but until my son's life direction gets sorted and I can reclaim my workspace, I shall be continuing with that path of working frustration and so can only apologize for my lack of creativity of late. It WILL come...I'm sure of it, just don't quite know when!
Photobucket

12 comments:

Crafts From The Stash said...

Ahhhhhhhh Twinniekins its nice to see you pop up every now and again. I totally know where you are coming from. I have been trapped in the pain cycle since I was 14 and finally realising what was wrong with me was such a load off. Knowing ones limits isnt a bad thing and I am sure once your lovely son goes off wandering I am sure you will be able to get into the flow again.

Totally understand.

Lorra Luffies

Debiekins

sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jo Raines said...

I am glad you are feeling better. And to think many in the medical field call it the imaginary disease. I hope your good days will continue and that eventually they will find a cure. I don't have that reason for neglecting my blog but it always seems that life events, work and the bare minimum of housework and cooking I manage to do, interfere with my blogging and my mini making! Feel better!

Jody

Michelle said...

It's good to see you around Wendie, you always make me laugh! :o)) Glad hear though that you are feeling okay,just a shame that you can't do any mini making. As a compromise can you do any at the dinning room table or on a lap tray? I have to say though, that this great weather makes one want to get outside in the open air and not do anything at all! lol lol

Michelle xxx

Merry Jingle said...

Good that you're doing some real living :D And I do hope that you get your creativity boost back as I've been thinking that Mr.Sleepy Head needs some company ;) You really should do some of your fab pumpinks for sale, the facial expression of him is just SO CUTE!

Wendie-kins said...

oooh Twinnikins, good to see you pop up again too :o) Im gonna have to call you for a natter soon, I miss you x

Jodi - it makes you wonder what superpills all the other 'normal' peeps must be on huh? youre not alone! x

Michelle - I could use the dining table, but its always covered in other .... 'stuff'! and anyway I think Im being moodily artistic by holding out for the return of MY room LOL

Ira - I am being 'persuaded' by so many peeps for more pum-kins that I fear I may have to get cracking on some pals for Sleepyhead pretty soon .... I think I'd quite like to make one drooling in its sleep LOL

Katie said...

HI! You recenly left a comment on my blog, which in turn won you some mini mail:)!! Hi! I'm Katie! And it's nice to meet you! Glad to hear you've been having a better time recently, and can understand where you are coming from! I too, have a disorder that makes crappy days crappy, and good days good. And I've learned to take one day at a time! I found minis through 'being sick'.....so in a way it was a little of a blessing! I've meet so many wonderful people here in blogland, and the best part is I can do all this from the comfort of my bed when I need to:) Again, It's very nice to meet you, and if you'd email me your mailing address, I'd glady get your mini mail in the mail:)

Katie
drakonfly3@verizon.net

Wendie-kins said...

OOOoo Katie, thankyou! and welcome to my lil bit of blogland :o) I too found minis through being 'sick' but what a wonderful world it opened up to me, its a great distraction from lifes crappy bits!!
I shall email you now :o) OOOooo am very excited at winning, I love getting goodies in the post :o)

Merry Jingle said...

Good, I'll persuade you a bit more :D I actually would love to have a couple baby sleepy heads that are still growing on the soil with mini candels on their head :D

Wendie-kins said...

oh Ira, I love that idea <3 I shall get the clay out this evening and have a go! OOooo you is my new muse :o)

Merry Jingle said...

Hi,

There's a small suprise for you in my blog, Mr. Sleepy Head has been doing some whispering to me in my dreams ;)

Ira

Wendie-kins said...

OMG Ira! I've just been & peeped! Thankyou, thankyou :o) funny things suprises.... you just wait & see ;o)

:::Heather~Leigh::: said...

Hey Wendie..thank you for the welcome...Sorry I missed it until now. Being a fellow fibromite...it takes me away from a lot too, including blogging. BUT...heheh...you just reminded me that I need to put more old pics on other stuff I have made on my page and I will do that! Thank you. I love everything you have on your blog...you are an awesome blogger and a great doll maker. Can't wait to see more of some other great stuff you come up with. Oooh...and I have found that Neurontin (Gabapentin) has saved a lot of my pain...but I have to be on 1200 mgs a day...maybe that would help you too?? *big gentle hugs*...thanks again!