where I ramble on about what's happening in my little world
and hopefully you have some enjoyment reading about it!



My baby on the front page!

I had one of those proud mummy moments this evening and wanted to share it with all my friends - Can you imagine my smile when I got this weeks local newspaper to discover my darling little girl was on the front page!! She went on a learn to fish day at the weekend run by the local environment agency & we knew she'd had her picture taken when she caught her first fish, but we never expected this & its made her walk about with an even bigger beaming grin.

Hubbs is the guy behind her with the hat on, I was at home being poorly so missed all the fun so it was great to see this piccie :o)
Oh, and the fish was released to swim away afterwards to live to tell the tale again
. She won a fishing rod so will be trying to catch the poor thing again no doubt & I now have a dread of finding my fridge full of maggots for her to go hunting with ! ewwwww LOL

8 comments:

Crafts From The Stash said...

Awww Wendiekins shes such a pretty little thing. Where did you get her from (runs LOL)..... You know I lufs ya twinniekins. Thats some first fish. Maggots in the fridge is nothing, its the liverdoodle flukes that are a problem...
Debiekins xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Crafts From The Stash said...

Ps how'd u get a music player on your blog and when did you take a sneak peek at my playlist, I love the Goblins Return....
Debiekinsxxxxxxxx

Julie said...

Thats a great piccy of your girl Wendie, bet you were a very proud mum when you saw it:O)
And Debie enough with the liverdoodle flukes....i had salad round yours.....rofl!!!
xxxxxxxxx
julie

MiniKat said...

What a pretty young lady. She's adorable. What a great first fish. I've never caught one that big before. She did very well. :-)

Maggots in the fridge are nothing... try living with salted, but as yet un-tanned animal skins in your garage. The hubby skins his catches and salts them down, but never remembers to bother with the tanning. The latest pelt (wild rabbit) still has the ears on it. There's at least one in similar situation in his mum's basement too. Men.

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Look at the size of it, great catch!! Lovely pic , one for the scrapbook!! Hope your feeling better, Kate xx

Debbie said...

Wow that is a whooper fish that your Daughter caught. I bet your bursting with Pride and what a wonderful keepsake for all of you..xx

Tallulah Belle said...

Wow...that's one big fish for a little girl. Bet she was chuffed.

How exiting for her to make the front page !

Hope you are feeling better.

Unknown said...

Oh, how wonderful! That's a pretty big fish for a first timer! I don't blame her for that huge grin!

Hope that page makes it's way into a scrapbook or keepsake box . . . it's very impressive!

Congratulations all around!